SHARJAH, the city of Culture is located only a short distance from Dubai. UNESCO has elected Sharjah as the Cultural City of the Arab world for 1998.
Sharjah – Elected as the Cultural city of the Arab world in 1998 by UNESCO, it is located only 20 km’s away from Dubai.
Upon arrival, your first stop will be Cultural Palace Square in Al Wahda Road. The stop here will be for 10 minutes. Next on your tour is Ajman museum, which is artistically done. Have a brief visit of 10 minutes and then pass by Ajman and Sharjah Corniche, known for their white beaches and beachfront merger.
This will bring us to the Palace of Sheikh of Sharjah. Stop here for 5 minutes and then drive further to Souq Al Arsah on Corniche Road. This is presumed to be the oldest market place in United Arab Emirates and was once regarded as heart of the city. Being here transports one to the ancient times. Here, in air-conditioned alley you will find numerous shops selling local handicrafts, ethnic jeweler, baskets, medical herms and carpets. The stop here will be for 30 minutes.
After the visit to Souq Al Arsah, you will make your next halt at Blue Souq. Over here you will find as many as 600 colorful shops with latest bargains and selling anything from gold, silver, precious stones to modern jewelry or beautiful carpets and rugs. This is a most famous market in Sharjah and was built in 1979. The stop here too will be for 30 minutes.
Drive on to Al Hisn Fort, former home of the Sharjah’s ruling family. Large central courtyard with high surrounding walls which link three towers showcases the traditional architecture at its best. Within the fort, look at the displays which shows various stages of the Emirate’s development and events that are part of Sharjah’s history.
Thereafter drive back to Dubai, passing by Buheira Corniche to admire the famous fountain, the third highest water jet in the world.
• King Faisal Mosque,
• Al Ithad Monument.
• The Rulers Old Palace.
• The Natural History Museum and Archeological museum.
• Blue Souk, One of the most well known of Sharjah Souks, located on the edge of the lagoon, with its beautiful mosaics and traditional style.
• Another Souk worth visiting is Majarrah Souk. It is built using Mosaic and has a Golden Dome
• Ajman, another neighboring city. A visit to Ajman’s impressive museum, housed in an old fort, which depicts traditional life before the discovery of oil.
• Morning Tour departs daily 8:00-8:30 AM
• Duration approx. 04 Hours
• Includes soft drinks and mineral water